- Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou has them at home for thou hast left thy home to find things different.
- Thou shalt not take anything too seriously for a carefree mind is the beginning of the vacation.
- Thou shalt not let the other tourist get on thy nerves, for thou are paying out good money to have a good time.
- Remember thy passport so that thou knowest where it is at all times, for a man without a passport is a man without a country.
- Blessed is the man who can make change in any language, for lo, he shall not be cheated.
- Blessed is the man who can say “thank you” in any language – and it shall be worth more to him than many tips.
- Thou shalt not worry. He that worrieth hath no pleasure – and few things are ever fatal.
- Thou shalt not judge the people of a country by one person with whom thou hast had trouble.
- Thou shalt when in Rome do somewhat as the Romans do; if in difficulty, thou shalt use thy American common sense and friendliness.
- Remember thou art a guest in every land – and he that treateth his host with respect shall be treated as an honored guest.